When you integrate your 3rd-party systems with the m3ter service, 3rd-party entities and fields are mapped to m3ter entities and fields. External Mappings are created and act as mapping reference lookups for which objects and fields have been mapped across two or more systems. You can review the mapping references created for an Account on the External Mappings tab on the Account page where they are listed.
When you are working to set up your Integrations and want to test or troubleshoot your implementation before going live, you might need to create External Mappings manually for an Account and, at a later date, edit or delete them.
Tip: External Mappings for your Integrations? You can create and manage all External Mappings for your Integrations, including those that reference m3ter Accounts - see Creating and Managing External Mappings.
To create and manage External Mappings for an Account:
1. Select Accounts. The Accounts page opens
2. Select the NAME text of the Account you want to create and manage External Mappings for. The Account page opens with the Overview tab selected.
3. Select the External Mappings tab. Any existing External Mappings that reference the Account are listed.
4. Select Create External Mapping. The Create page opens. The m3ter entity type and m3ter entity fields are pre-populated for the Account.
5. Using the External system drop-down list, select the 3rd-party system referenced.
6. Using the External table drop-down list, select the table in the 3rd-party system referenced.
7. In the External entity ID field, enter the id of the 3rd-party system entity referenced.
8. Select Create External Mapping. The Create page closes and the new External Mapping is shown on the External Mappings tab:
9. If you want to edit a mapping, select Edit.
10. On the Edit page, make your changes and select Update External Mapping.
11. If you want to delete a mapping, select Delete. A confirmation pop-up appears.
Next: Submitting Usage Data