When you integrate your 3rd-party systems with the m3ter platform, 3rd-party entities and fields are mapped to m3ter entities and fields. External Mappings are created and act as mapping reference lookups for which objects and fields have been mapped across two or more systems.
In the course of setting up any integrations, you might want to review and manage the External Mappings created for a specific Account:
You can review the mappings created for an Account on the External Mappings tab of the Account's page.
You can also create new External Mappings for the Account from this tab.
Tip: External Mappings for your Integrations? You can create and manage all External Mappings for your Integrations from the main Integrations>External Mappings page, including those that reference your m3ter Accounts - see Creating and Managing External Mappings.
To create and manage External Mappings for an Account:
1. Select Accounts. The Accounts page opens
2. Select the NAME text of the Account you want to review, manage, or create External Mappings for. The Account page opens with the Overview tab selected.
3. Select the External Mappings tab. Alternatively, on the Account actions menu, select External mappings>Create External Mappings:
Any existing External Mappings that reference the specific Account are listed:
In this example, there is a single mapping created for the Account.
4. From the External Mappings tab, you can:
Review mappings to read-off the external system details for a mapping.
Edit a mapping.
Delete a mapping.
5. If you want to create a new mapping for the Account, select Create External Mappings. The External Mappings>Create page opens for Stage 1 of the create workflow to Select mapping type:
Since the Create page was opened from an Account page, the m3ter entity type is pre-selected for Account.
6. Using the External system drop-down list, select the 3rd-party system referenced for the mapping type.
Tip: Other External systems showing? Note that you can configure mappings for any of the integrations with 3rd-party systems set up for your m3ter Organization. This includes any custom integrations as well as native integrations
7. Using the External table drop-down list, select the table in the selected 3rd-party system that you want to use for the mapping type:
In this example, we've chosen to create an Account <> Customer mapping for m3ter <> Netsuite.
8. When you've completed the mapping type set up, select Continue. The page adjusts to allow you to complete Stage 2.
Stage 2 - Add mapping IDs:
9. The m3ter entity drop-down is pre-selected for the the Account you started the workflow from.
Tip: Selection is not Pre-Selected for the Account? If the Account you started the create workflow from already has a mapping configured of the type defined in Stage 1 - in the example Account <> Customer for m3ter <> Netsuite - then the m3ter entity will NOT be pre-selected for the Account.
10. In the External entity ID field, enter the id of the 3rd-party system entity you want to map to.
Tip: Possibles values might show! Note that if the possible values for the External entity ID field can be fetched for the External system, then you can use a drop-down list to select the value for this field from the list of possible values returned.
Warning: Do not use duplicate External Entity IDs! When you enter the External entity ID, ensure you do not use the ID of an entity that has already been mapped to for mappings of this type.
11. Select Create External Mapping. The Create page closes and the new External Mapping is shown on the External Mappings tab. For example:
Next: Billing and Usage Data
Login to the Support portal for additional help and to send questions to our Support team.