When you attach a Plan Group to an end customer Account, this creates a link between them to create an Account Plan Group. Attaching a Plan Group to an Account implicitly attaches all of the Plans included in the Group to the Account, and the Account is charged in accordance with those Plans.
Active Account Plan Group. You can set the start and end dates to define the period for which the Plan Group will be active for the Account.
Account Plan Group Minimum Spend. You can set a minimum spend amount for the Plan Group, which then acts as a cross-product minimum spend.
Attaching Multiple Plan Groups. You can attach more than one Plan Group to an Account to create multiple Account Plan Groups, but only one Account Plan Group can be active at any one time. If you try to attach a Plan Group to an Account with start and end dates that overlap with another Plan Group that is already attached and active, you'll receive an error message.
Add Plans to Plan Group and review Plan pricing:
From the Plan Group Attachment Details page, you can add Plans to the Plan Group. Note that you cannot add custom Plans - that is, Account-specific Plans - to a global Plan Group.
You can then select a Plan from the attached Plan Group and then review the Plan's pricing directly on the page, which saves you having to open the Pricing Editor.
Custom Plan Group. You can create a custom Plan Group for an Account, which means the Plan Group can only be attached to that Account. See Creating Custom Plan Groups for Accounts.
This topic explains how to attach a Plan Group to an Account:
If you want to delete an Account Plan Group from an Account, you can do this from the Attached Plans tab:
Tip: More Details on Plan Groups? See Working with Plan Groups.
To attach a Plan Group to an Account:
1. Select Accounts. The Accounts page opens.
2. Select the Name text of the Account to which you want to attach a Plan Group. The Account page opens with the Overview tab selected.
3. On the Account actions menu, select Plans>Attach Plan:
Select the Attached Plans tab.
On the Active and pending attached plans panel, select Attach Plan.
The Create page opens.
4. Select the Plan Group radio button. The page adjusts and shows a Plan Group selection drop-down.
5. Select the Plan Group you want to attach to the Account:
6. Select the Start date and End date to define the period you want the Plan Group to apply to the Account for billing purposes:
If you omit an End date, the Account Plan Group will be applied to the Account perpetually or until such time as you delete the Account Plan Group.
End dates are exclusive. For example, if you set the End date of June 1st 2022, then the Account Plan Group ceases to be active for the Account at midnight on May 31st 2022, and any billing is calculated up to that point in time, NOT up to midnight on June 1st. If you want to include end customer Account usage occurring on June 1st for billing, you must set the End date to June 2nd.
7. If you want to set the date the first Bill is due for the selected Account using the Plan Group, you can use the First bill date option. Subsequent billing will be determined from this first date. For example, if the Plan Group is configured for monthly billing frequency and you set a First bill date of January 14th, then a Bill will be created for the Account every month from that date. If you leave this blank then the start of billing defaults to the first bill date configured for the Account.
8. If you want to add the Account Plan Group to a Contract you've created for the Account, use the Contract drop down to select it. For more details on Contracts, see Creating Contracts for Accounts.
9. If the Account is either a Parent or a Child Account, you can select for Account hierarchy billing mode, which determines how billing will be handled and shown on bills for charges due for the Parent Account and charges due for Child Accounts:
Bill parent account - bill line item per account. Default setting.
Bill parent account - single bill line item for all accounts.
Bill child account.
Note that these options are only operative if the Account is a Parent or Child Account. For a full explanation of what each means when attaching Plans to create Account Plans for Parent or Child Accounts, see Billing for Parent/Child Accounts.
10. Select Create Plan Group. You are returned to the Account page Attached Plans tab and the Plan Group is listed in the Active and pending attached plans panel under Plan Groups. Attaching a Plan Group to an Account creates an Account Plan Group. The Account Plan Group will show as ACTIVE or INACTIVE or PENDING and the Start and End dates are also shown:
You now have an Account Plan Group on the Account, and Bills will be calculated for the Account in accordance with the priced Plans that belong to the Plan Group.
When you have attached a Plan Group to an Account, there are two ways you can add Plans to the Plan Group:
Go to Pricing>Plan Groups and open the Plan Group you want to add a Plan to. On the Included Plans panel, select Add Plans. For more details, see the Adding Plans to Plan Groups section in the Working with Plan Groups topic.
When you've attached a Plan Group to an Account, open the Plan Group Attachment Details page from the Account>Attached Plans tab and add Plans to the Plan Group directly from there.
This section explains how to add Plans to a Plan Group from the Plan Group Attachment Details page.
To add Plans to Plan Group and review Plan pricing:
1. On the Account Details page, select the Attach Plans tab.
2. On the Active and pending attached plans panel, select the NAME hotlink text of the attached Plan Group you want to add Plans to. The Plan Group Attachment Details page opens:
3. On the Plan Group Attachment Details page, select Add Plan at bottom-right. A Select Plans dialog appears and lists all the Plans created for Products in your Organization and any custom Plans created for the Account you've created the Plan Group for.
4. Select the Plans you want to add to the Plan Group and select Confirm. The Select Plans dialog closes and:
The Plans are added to the Select a plan drop-down list, which is now enabled.
The blue help text informing the Plan Group doesn't currently contain any Plans is no longer shown.
Warning: Constraints on Adding Plans to Plan Groups!
Only one Plan per Product: If you try to add more than one Plan for the same Product to the Plan Group, you'll receive an error message.
Custom Plans can't be added to a Global Plan Group: If you try to add a custom Plan (a Plan that has been created exclusively for a specific Account) to a Global Plan Group (a Plan Group that can be attached to multiple Accounts) you'll receive an error message.
5. To review a Plan and its pricing that you've added to the Plan Group, select it from the Select a plan drop-down list. A Plan Details and Associated Pricing panel are added to the Plan Group Attachment Details page:
Tip: Removing Plans from Plan Group? To remove Plans from a Plan Group from the Plan Group Attachment Details page, select Edit linked Plans. The Plan Group Details page opens and the Included Plans panel lists the Plans added to the Plan Group. From there you can remove Plans from the Plan Group - see Removing Plans from Plan Group.
If you want to delete an Account Plan Group from an Account, you can do this from the Attached Plans tab.
1. On the Active and pending attached plans panel, select Delete.
A confirmation popup appears.
2. Select Yes to confirm the Account Plan Group deletion.
Important! Deleting the Account Plan Group does not mean the Plan Group is deleted - the Account Plan Group is created only when you attach a Plan Group to an Account and remains distinct from the Plan Group you attached. If you want to delete a Plan Group, you must go to Pricing>Plan Groups, and then delete it from there.
Login to the Support portal for additional help and to send questions to our Support team.