You can create custom Plan Groups for an Account:
Custom Plan Groups can only be attached to that specific Account.
When you create custom Plan Groups, they are attached automatically to the Account to create an Account Plan Group based on the start and end dates you have entered.
You can then edit the details of the Account Plan Group you've created for the Account, such as first bill date or adding the Account Plan Group to a Contract that's linked to the Account.
When you create the custom Plan Group, you can include Plans in the Plan Group and price these Plans straightaway, which saves you having to open the Pricing Editor, add a Plan, and price the Plan there.
Attaching Plan Groups to Accounts! We strongly recommend you review the Attaching Plan Groups to an Account topic for more details before you proceed to create custom Plan Groups for an Account.
Creating a custom Plan Group for an Account, attaching it to the Account to create an Account Plan Group, and finalizing the Account Plan Group details involves three stages:
Stage 1: Creating Custom Plan Group
Stage 4: Editing Account Plan Group Details
You can delete an Account Plan Group from an Account on the Attached Plans tab:
To create a custom Plan Group for an Account:
1. Select Accounts. The Accounts page opens.
2. Select the Name text of the Account for which you want to create a custom Plan Group. The page for the Account opens with the Overview tab selected.
3. Select the Attached Plans tab.
4. On the Active and pending attached plans panel, select the three-dot Menu button.
5. On the menu, select Create custom plan group. The Create page opens.
6. Enter the details for the new custom Plan Group:
Name. Descriptive name for the Account Plan Group. When you create a custom Account Plan Group, a default name is loaded for which prefixes the Account name. You can edit this name text as required.
Code. Unique identifier for Account Plan Group. When you create a custom Account Plan Group, a default code string is loaded. You can edit this string as required:
7. Enter Standing charge settings for the custom Plan Group:
Standing charge. Optional field to set standing charge to be applied for Plan Group.
Standing charge billing. If you want to override the Organization setting for billing either in arrears or in advance for standing charges, uncheck Use organization-wide config and select the setting you want for the Plan Group.
Standing charge accounting product. If your accounting operations require it, you can use this to link the standing charge on the account to a particular Product. (Optional)
Standing charge description. You can enter a description for any Standing charge amounts, which will appear in the bill line item (Optional):
8. Enter Minimum spend settings for the custom Plan Group:
Minimum spend. Optional field to define minimum spend across all Plans included in the Plan Group.
Minimum spend billing. If you want to override the Organization setting for billing either in arrears or in advance for minimum spend amount, uncheck the Use organization-wide config and select the setting you want for the Plan Group.
Minimum spend accounting product. If your accounting operations require it, you can use this to link the minimum spend on the account to a particular Product. (Optional)
Minimum spend description. You can enter a description for any Minimum spend amounts, which will appear in the bill line item (Optional):
9. Select a Currency for the Plan Group.
Tip: Billing in arrears or in advance? If you want to override your Organization setting for Standing charge billing or Minimum spend billing either in arrears or in advance, deselect the Use organization-wide config check box and select the setting you want for the Plan. See Managing your Organization.
10. Select Next to complete Stage 1. The page adjusts to show Create plan group checked.
1. Enter Start date and End date to define the period you want the Account Plan Group to be active for the Account for charging for Product usage:
If you omit an End date, the Account Plan Group will be applied to the Account perpetually or until such time as you delete the Account Plan Group.
End dates are exclusive. For example, if you set the End date of June 1st 2022, then the Account Plan Group ceases to be active for the Account at midnight on May 31st 2022, and any billing is calculated up to that point in time, NOT up to midnight on June 1st. If you want to include end customer Account usage occurring on June 1st for billing, you must set the End date to June 2nd:
2. Select Create Plan Group to complete stage 2.
The custom Plan Group is created for the Account.
The custom Plan Group is attached to the Account and an Account Plan Group is created.
You are returned to the Plan Group details page where you can review details. Note that no Plans have yet been added to the new Plan Group:
1. On the Plan Group details page, select Add Plan - see above. A Select Plans dialog appears and lists all the Plans created for Products in your Organization and any custom Plans created for the Account you've created the custom Plan Group for.
2. Select the Plans you want to add to the custom Plan Group and select Confirm. The Select Plans dialog closes and the Plans are shown added to the Plan Group.
When you add a Plan to a custom Plan Group:
If you've already priced the Plan, the pricing is shown and you can review or Edit the pricing.
If you've haven't already priced the Plan, you can Add aggregations and price the Plan straightaway. This saves you having to go to the Pricing Editor to price the new Plan. See Pricing Plans and Plan Templates.
3. When you have added the required Plans to the Plan Group and priced them, select the Attached Plans tab to complete stage 3. The Active and pending attached plans panel shows the new Custom Plan Group:
1. On the Active and pending attached plans panel, select the Edit icon for the new Custom Plan Group:
The Edit page opens:
You can now edit the Account Plan Group and define settings.
2. Edit Start date and End date, as required.
3. If you want to set the date the first Bill is due for the selected Account using the Plan Group, you can use the First bill date option. Allows you to set the date of first billing against the end customer Account using the Plan Group. Subsequent billing will be determined from this first date. For example, if the Plan Group is configured for monthly billing frequency and you set First bill date as February 14th 2022, then m3ter will create a first bill for the Account on that date and every month from that date. If left blank, then start of billing defaults to the first bill date configured for the Account. (Optional)
4. If you want to add the Account Plan Group to a Contract you've created for the Account, use the Contract drop down to select it. For more details on Contracts, see Creating Contracts for Accounts. (Optional)
5. If the Account is either a Parent or a Child Account, you can select for Account hierarchy billing mode, which determines how billing will be handled and shown on bills for charges due for the Parent Account and charges due for Child Accounts:
Bill parent account - bill line item per account. Default setting.
Bill parent account - single bill line item for all accounts.
Bill child account.
The billing mode options are only operative if the Account is a Parent or Child Account. For a full explanation of what each means when attaching Plans to create Account Plans for Parent or Child Accounts, see Billing Hierarchy Modes for Parent/Child Accounts.
6. Select Update to complete stage 4. You now have a fully configured Account Plan Group on the Account and Bills will be calculated for the Account in accordance with the priced Plans that belong to the Plan Group.
If you want to delete an Account Plan Group from an Account, you can do this from the Attached Plans tab.
1. On the Active and pending attached plans panel, select Delete. A confirmation popup appears.
2. Select Yes to confirm the Account Plan Group deletion.
Important: Deleting or Editing the Custom Plan Group! Deleting or editing the Account Plan Group that is created automatically when you create a custom Plan Group for an Account does not mean the custom Plan Group is deleted or edited. If you want to delete or edit a custom Plan Group you've created for an Account, you must go to Pricing>Plan Groups, and then delete or edit the Plan Group there. Similarly, if you have added several Plans to the custom Plan Group, you must go to Pricing>Plan Groups, select the custom Plan Group, and delete the linked Plans under Included Plans.