When you integrate your 3rd-party systems with the m3ter service, 3rd-party entities and fields are mapped to m3ter entities and fields. External Mappings are created and act as mapping reference lookups for which objects and fields have been mapped across two or more systems. You can review these mapping references on the External Mappings page under Integrations where they are listed.
When you are working to set up your Integrations and want to test or troubleshoot your implementation before going live, you might need to create External Mappings manually and, at a later date, edit or delete them.
To create and manage External Mappings for your Organization:
1. Select Integrations>External Mappings. The External Mappings page opens.
2. Select Create External Mapping. The Create page opens.
3. Using the m3ter entity type drop-down list, select the entity type you want to create an External Mapping for.
Note that if you select Account, the page adjusts to show an m3ter entity drop-down selection field - the list of entities available for selection are filtered according to your m3ter entity type selection and the Accounts in your Organization are listed.
4. Use the m3ter entity field or drop-down list to enter or select the entity you want to create the External Mapping for.
5. Using the External system drop-down list, select the 3rd-party system referenced.
6. Using the External table drop-down list, select the table in the 3rd-party system referenced.
7. In the External entity ID field, enter the id of the 3rd-party system entity referenced.
8. Select Create External Mapping. The Create page closes and the new External Mapping is shown on the External Mappings tab. For example:
9. If you want to edit a mapping, select Edit.
10. On the Edit page, make your changes and select Update External Mapping.
11. If you want to delete a mapping, select Delete. A confirmation pop-up appears.
Tip: External Mappings for Accounts? You can create External Mappings for specific Accounts - see Creating and Managing External Mappings for Accounts.