You can define a native integration for sending your end customer Account Bills generated in m3ter outbound into your Chargebee system:
First, create the integration.
Second, set up authentication for the integration to connect with Chargebee.
To create and configure a native integration, you can follow a three-stage process:
Stage 1. Select the Entity Type that the integration is for. Currently, only native integrations for Bills are supported.
Stage 2. Select the external system that is the destination for the integration.
Stage 3. Configure the details required for the selected external system as integration destination and create the integration.
Tip: Reviewing Integration Runs! When you've set up an integration with Chargebee for your Organization in your production environment, you can review details of the integration runs performed for the integration. See Reviewing Integration Run Details.
To define a m3ter - Chargebee integration:
1. Select Integration>Configurations. The Integration Configurations page opens and lists any existing configurations.
2. Select Create integration. The Create page opens at Stage 1: Select the type of entity you want to integrate with an external system.
3. Use the Entity Type drop-down to select the entity type you want to create the integration for. Currently, only Bill is available for selection.
4. Select Continue. The page adjusts to show Stage 1 as checked and completed and shifts focus to Stage 2: Select external system as destination.
5. In the Destination drop-down list, select Chargebee.
6. Select Continue. The page adjusts to show Stage 2 as checked and completed and shifts focus to Stage 3: Configure and create. The Entity Type and Integration Destination you've selected are shown.
7. Select the Accounts you want the integration to apply to:
Account Ids. Select the Accounts you want to include - all selected Accounts are treated as allowed for the integration.
Restricted Account Ids. Select the Accounts you want to exclude - all selected Accounts are treated as disallowed for the integration.
Note: If you want to include all Accounts in the integration, leave both Accounts Ids and Restricted Account Ids empty.
8. Use the Entity Configuration panel to configure the m3ter entity you'll be synchronizing with for the integration. In the case of an outbound Bill integration, this entity will be the Bill generated for a customer Account in m3ter:
Only Send Bill On Approval. Enable this if you only want Bills to be sent when they have been approved. If disabled, the Bill will be sent every time it is regenerated. Default is disabled. Note that:
The frequency of Bills sent will depend on the billing frequency defined for the Account Plan attached to the Account - such as daily/weekly/monthly/annually.
If an Account has a Prepayment on it and the billing for Prepayment fees is configured to run on a customized schedule, Bills will be sent when scheduled Bills are generated.
If a Bill is manually recalculated the updated Bill will be sent.
If you enable this, then the integration will not run for all Bill Jobs.
Use External Mapping Account Code. Enable this if you want the integration to look in the External Mappings for the Account identifier code, which means you can use an external Id. If this is disabled, the m3ter Account Id is used. Default is disabled.
Excluded Line Item Types. Optionally filter the Bill line items you send to the destination system. For example, only send charges or credits and exclude all other line items.
For details of line item types, see Bill Line Item Types.
Sort Line Items By. Optionally, select a property to sort line items by before they are sent out to the external system. Three options:
9. Use the Destination Configuration panel to enter the settings specific to the destination system. These settings include field mappings as well as other system-specific configurations. Note that these settings will change for each destination:
Chargebee Minimum Spend Item Price. Optional - enter the Charge Item Price ID to use when minimum spend line items are added to the invoice. Note that the value of the Charge Item will be used as the default value if there is no value available for a given pricing.
Chargebee Standing Charge Item Price. Optional - enter the Charge Item Price ID to use when standing charge line items are added to the invoice. Note that the value of the Charge Item will be used as the default value if there is no value available for a given pricing.
Chargebee Create Invoice. Whether or not m3ter should create an invoice in Chargebee. If disabled, m3ter will wait for Chargebee to generate a subscription invoice before trying to add line items. Default is disabled.
Chargebee Use Multidecimal. Whether or not multi-decimal support is enabled in your Chargebee site. If it is, m3ter can send certain line item values with higher precision. Default is disabled.
Chargebee Multi Decimal Price Decimal Places. Enter the number of decimal places to be used when sending multi-decimal price values to Chargebee. This should be less than or equal to the number of decimal places configured in your Chargebee site:
Note: Only relevant if Chargebee Use Multidecimal is enabled.
Chargebee Multi Decimal Units Decimal Places. Enter the number of decimal places to be used when sending multi-decimal units values to Chargebee. This should be less than or equal to the number of decimal places configured in your Chargebee site:
Note: Only relevant if Chargebee Use Multidecimal is enabled.
Tip: Rounding for decimal values? Values are rounded up to nearest half. For example, if price or unit values in m3ter are set to 5 decimal places and you set price or unit values for the integration to use 3 decimal places to match the setting in Chargebee:
0.13333 is rounded to 0.133
0.16666 is rounded to 0.167
Split Usage Line Items. This setting determines how m3ter will create usage invoice items in Chargebee. Chargebee charge items can be mapped to a product, an aggregation/compound aggregation, or to an individual pricing band:
Item per usage band
Item per product
Item per aggregation
10. Select Create Integration. You are taken to the details page for the integration, where you can immediately complete the configuration by setting up authentication to allow the integration to connect with your Chargebee system - see the following Setting Up Authentication section for details:
Note that if you are not ready to continue your workflow immediately and set up authentication, you can do this at a later time.
When you have created a Chargebee integration, you can set up authentication to allow the integration to connect with your Chargebee system:
Note that if you've followed the workflow given in the earlier section for creating the integration, on creation you'll be taken directly to the integration details page to continue and immediately set up authentication. The procedure described in this section assumes you've returned at a later date to set up authentication for the integration - the main steps you need to follow if you're setting up authentication immediately after creation are the same.
To set up authentication for your m3ter - Chargebee integration:
1. Select Integration>Configurations. The Integrations Details page opens.
2. Select the ENTITY TYPE hotlink text of the Chargebee integration you want to set up authentication for. The Integration Details page opens:
A warning is shown that the integration is not yet authenticated for connection to your Chargebee system.
The ID of the integration configuration is shown at the bottom of the Details card, and you can copy the ID directly to your clipboard.
3. Select Connect. A Chargebee Connection modal appears.
4. On the modal, enter the settings for authentication with your Chargebee system for the integration:
Api Key. Enter the API Key generated in the Chargebee Console.
Site. Enter the details of the Chargebee site to be used as the subdomain when making API Requests.
Tip: Note Credentials! It's a good idea to record the credentials you've entered for authenticating with Chargebee. For security reasons these are only displayed at initial setup. If you to edit the connection, the credentials used at initial setting up will be kept hidden.
5. Select Save. The modal closes and the credentials are saved. You are returned to the integration details page:
An "Integration connected successfully" message appears for a few seconds at the top of the page.
The integration now shows as CONNECTED.
Tip: Testing your Native Integration Setup? Your Chargebee integration is now available for use. However, it remains in Beta release and we strongly recommend you test the implementation in your m3ter Sandbox or QA environment before releasing it to your Production environment. See section 7. of our Terms of Service for Beta Usage.
Tip: Integrations API Calls? When you have set up your Chargebee integration, you can review and manage the integration using a full set of API Calls. See the Integrations section of our API Reference Docs.
Login to the Support portal for additional help and to send questions to our Support team.