From Bill Management, you can open Bills and add debits for Bill line items using the Debit Reasons you've created for your Organization:
Add a debit for a line item on an existing bill.
Add a debit line item manually.
For details on how to add Debit Reasons to your Organization, see Creating Debit Reasons.
To add debit line items to Bills - for existing line item or manually:
1. Select Billing>Bill Management. The Bill Management page opens and the Bills that have been generated for your Accounts are listed. The Bills listed are those for the default settings of monthly frequency and current month period end.
2. If the Bills you want to work with are for a different frequency and period, use the Invoice Date calendar pop-ups accordingly. See Running Bills and Viewing Bill Details.
3. To select a specific Bill you want to add a credit line item for, select the REFERENCE hotlink text. The Details page for the Bill opens. This page provides a full breakdown of the charges made to the Account for the billing period up to the Last Calculated Date. Note that you can expand line items to see further details.
4. Select Add Debit. The Create page opens and the Debit a line item from a bill option is selected by default.
5. If you want to add a debit for a specific line item leave this default option selected and use the Bill drop-down to select the bill date.
6. Use the Line item drop-down to select the line item from the Bill for which you want to apply a credit. Note the Amount field is automatically populated for the selected line item amount.
7. Select a Reason for the debit line item.
8. Enter a Description.
9. Adjust the Amount as required.
10. If you want to define a specific service period to apply to the Debit Line Item, use the pop-up calendars to enter a Service period start and Service period end. If you leave these start and end date fields blank, the service period for the Debit line item is the same as the current billing period.
11. Select Create. You are returned to the Bill Details page, where the debit item is shown and the bill is re-calculated to factor in the debit item amount:
In this example, a debit item has been added to a Bill in the amount of $10 for one of the line items - GB stored charges. You can expand the debit item to view details.
12. If you want to add a debit line item manually to a Bill, when you first use Add debit to open the Create page, select Apply manual debit. The Create page adjusts for creating a manual debit line item to the Bill.
13. Select a Product reference for the manual debit line item. This is required for accounting purposes and associates the debit line item with a specific Product.
14. Enter a Reason, Description, and Amount for the manual debit line item.
15. Select Create. You are returned to the Bill Details page, where the manual debit line item is shown and the bill is re-calculated to factor in the debit line item amount:
In this example, an Overdue Bill Payment Penalty manual debit line item has been added to a Bill in the amount of $10.
16. Lastly, you can add a manual debit line item to a bill for consumption of another Product by the Account:
In this example, an Additional Storage manual debit line item has been added to the Bill in the amount of $125. Note that this new debit line item is clearly listed on the recalculated Bill as a charge due against the Account for a different Product.
Next: Viewing Bill History
Login to the Support portal for additional help and to send questions to our Support team.