You can define and manage native integrations for sending your end customer Account Bills generated in m3ter outbound into your Stripe system.
When you create and configure a native integration, you must complete a two-stage process:
Stage 1. Select the Entity Type that the integration is for. Currently, only native integrations for Bills are supported.
Stage 2. Configure the details required for the selected integration Destination and create the integration.
Note: Stripe or Stripe (Test mode)? The difference between these two integrations is: selecting Stripe means an integration destination into your Stripe production environment; selecting Stripe (Test mode) means an integration destination into your Stripe test environment. The configuration settings are the same for both destinations.
To define a m3ter - Stripe integration:
1. Select Integration>Configurations. The Integration Configurations page opens at Stage 1: Select entity type.
2. Using the Entity Type drop-down, select the entity type you want to configure and create the integrations for. Currently, only Bill is available for selection.
3. Select Continue. The page adjusts to show Stage 1 as checked and completed and shifts focus to Stage 2: Configure and create.
4. In the Integration Destination drop-down list, select Stripe or Stripe (Test mode). The page adjusts for the required settings to define a Stripe integration.
5. Use the Auth Config panel to set up authorization with your Stripe system for the integration:
Select Connect to Stripe. A Stripe login page opens. Under Get started with Stripe, enter the email and log into Stripe and approve access for m3ter.
You can then select the Return to m3ter link at the left-hand side to be taken back to the Integration Configurations page.
6. Use the first panel to select the Accounts you want the integration to apply to:
Account Ids. Select the Accounts you want to include - all selected Accounts are treated as allowed for the integration.
Restricted Account Ids. Select the Accounts you want to exclude - all selected Accounts are treated as disallowed for the integration.
Note: If you want to include all Accounts in the integration, leave both Accounts Ids and Restricted Account Ids empty.
7. Use the Entity Config panel to configure the m3ter entity you will be synchronizing with for the integration. In the case of an outbound Bill integration, this entity will be the Bill generated for a customer Account in m3ter:
Only Send Bill On Approval. Enable this if you only want Bills to be sent when they have been approved, rather than Bills being sent each time they are regenerated. Default is disabled. Note that:
The frequency of Bills sent will depend on the billing frequency defined for the Account Plan attached to the Account - such as daily/weekly/monthly/annually.
If an Account has a Prepayment on it and the billing for Prepayment fees is configured to run on a customized schedule, Bills will be sent at when scheduled Bills are generated.
If a Bill is manually recalculated the updated Bill will be sent.
If you enable this, then the integration will not run for all Bill Jobs.
Use External Mapping Account Code. Enable this if you want the integration to look in the External Mappings for the Account identifier code, which means you can use an external Id. If this is disabled, the m3ter Account Id is used. Default is disabled.
Excluded Line Item Types. Optionally filter the Bill line items you send to the destination system. For example, only send charges or credits and exclude all other line items.
For details of line item types, see Bill Line Item Types.
8. Use the Destination Config panel to enter the settings specific to the destination system. These settings include field mappings as well as other system-specific configurations. Note that these settings will change for each destination:
Create Stripe Invoice. Enable this if you want the integration to create a Stripe invoice:
Set this switch to true if you are using Stripe Subscription Invoicing.
Set this switch to false if you are using Stripe Subscriptions.
Price Data Product Id. Enter the Product Id in your Stripe Product List in order to enable the integration to set tax-related fields on line items that should be sent from m3ter. Only one Product Id is required.
9. Select Create. The Integration Configuration is saved and linked to your provided authentication method. Your Stripe integration is immediately available for use.
Tip: Integrations API Calls? When you have set up your Stripe integration, you can review and manage the integration using a full set of API Calls. See the Integrations section of our API Reference Docs.